Friday, August 03, 2012

Small Towns Have the Best Stories



Last summer, I browsed through a bookstore in Charlevoix, Michigan.  Love that town.
 
I happened to see this book, Truck: A Love Story, by Michael Perry.  I was intrigued by the cover, which looked like a place I wanted to visit, and then delighted by the picture of the author, who looked like a man who knew tractors.  I trust men who know tractors. 

Perry lives in New Auburn, Wisconsin -- population under 500, thank you very much -- and volunteers on the local fire department.  He is a country boy, and proud of it.  He makes me laugh.  Here are a couple of his other books, Coop, and Population: 485.



You can learn more about Mr. Perry on his website, Sneezing Cow.  Yes, Sneezing Cow. 

His new book, Visiting Tom, comes out August 21st.  Sneak Peek below!


1 comment:

con said...

I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.