Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Getting in the Groove - Day One

Alright, Jeff Goins.  Here I am, ready for Day One.

Today's challenge is DECLARE.

Declare yourself a writer.

 I. Am. A. Writer.

Well, that wasn't too painful.  Except that once you say that, once you write that, people say things like, "Oh, what have you published?" or "What do you write?"

To which I respond with an answer that sounds something like, "mmmffffBLOGfmmmmnn."

Ridiculous.



But one look at this stack of books in my home (and the bigger stack in my classroom), and you'd think I was a professional writer with a full resume. 

Nope.  I love the craft.  My brain is filled with so many great nuggets of writing wisdom, I could write a book of my own.  But between motherhood and teaching, my own writing is random and rare at best.

So today is a declaration and a decision.  No matter how wack-a-doodle my life gets, I must make a space for writing.  I just have to write. 

 After all, what matters isn't what you do once in a while, it's what you do
EVERY DAY.

What should you STOP doing in order to START doing something important? 

No comments: