Sunday, February 15, 2009

CommUNITY

I've never been one to dive into theological discussions with both feet.

It's more like I'm on the edge of the water, dipping in a toe now and then. It probably wasn't until I started teaching at a Christian high school after college that I even gave my personal theology a second thought.

But I've actually enjoyed what's been happening in our Christian Living Class at church lately -- wading into the waters of our worldviews and reflecting on how we view God. There's nothing more vital than understanding WHO HE IS. It affects every aspect of life and determines how we work, worship, parent, play, and love.

I've actually been encouraged by the debate, the questions, the way people are really thinking instead of just enjoying the ride. Fellowship and good times are great; there's a place for that. But there's also a time for asking the hard questions and being okay with the fact that you don't have the answers.

There's so much I don't understand, but I don't want that to keep me from searching or from loving this God who has changed me. I look forward to how these discussions will grow our strength and unity as a body.

No comments: