Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two Different Episodes...

The brutal honesty of my children: sometimes I could do without it. But until they learn what "tact" is, I get things like this -

I'm telling Daniel and Greg how at my class at the Y we were jumping in the air and trying to kick our behinds with our heels. Greg immediately started demonstrating, the little string bean, while I showed him how I couldn't do it so well.

Daniel observed this and said simply, "You just have to lose weight, Mom."

Yes, duly noted. Thank you, Daniel. This is WHY I'm at the Y.

A few minutes later, as he was headed downstairs, Greg yells out, "MOM - YOU'RE GREAT!!"

I almost sat on the floor and cried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....how priceless! Could you just freeze those times and those words of Greg's?! It may not happen again for a while.:) I am so glad you shared that with us. Of course, I am finding out that even when your children are 34 and 30 you never know what they will say!!!!!
Love you anyway :)
Mom

Anonymous said...

I second Greg's motion.. G-R-E-A-T!
ev