Monday, June 18, 2007

this is my confession

I rot at crafts.

I never liked them when I was in Vacation Bible School. Why in the world did I agree to be in charge of them as an adult??

I know, I know, you're thinking, "Well, yeah, but you scrapbook and all that..." Listen: when I scrapbook, I do not use ribbons and buttons and all that crap. I use cool paper, write (hopefully) from my heart, and throw a page protector over it. Done.

I'm way over my head here. Plaster of Paris??? What is this stuff? I'm googling instructions for how to make a treasure tin for these little bohemians and I'm just DOGGONE frustrated. Will the world end if Vacation Bible Schools across America did not do crafts??? I don't think so!!! And we all know where they end up, don't we?!?!

To be continued...

6 comments:

Tim Barosh said...

Best craft ever...get a cup of bleach, Q-tips, and construction paper. The kids draw with the bleach on the construction paper...really cool looking when you're a youngster. Now then, as I'm writing, I can't imagine that this was the safest craft in the world, but it did make a great impression on me!

VBS...foreign concept to us down here in the portable church!

Holly said...

good luck w/that :)

anne said...

Love your honesty, but do pray you make it through the week smiling :)! I'm sure you are doing a fabulous job!

Susan said...

I feel your pain..last year I helped Kim do a basket weaving thing at our "Jerusalem Marketplace"VBS and it was utter torture! We were sitting on the floor, with lots of tiny kids saying,"I don't want to ..can you just do it" and I was seven months pregnant to boot! Good Luck!

Sue Simpson

Anonymous said...

Just let all the kids sit around and eat the glue Jeannie, that's all they want to do anyway!

:)

Beth Wilmot said...

I can't wait to hear how the plaster of paris turns out!!!