Wednesday, June 13, 2007

the shuffle

Ah, my little ipod shuffle, how i love it so...
How did I live without this little piece of plastic for so long?
Going to the itunes store is one of my favorite things to do online. And just like Amazon, the recommend great music to me based on what I've purchased previously. No longer do I have to shell out $$ just to get my favorite song and suffer through the crappy ones. Now I just download my favorite for under a buck and giggle at my good fortune.
My shuffle houses a very eclectic group of artists. Here's a glimpse:
LOTS of Toby Mac -- Is it just me or does he get cooler the older he gets? I love his mix of rock, hip-hop, fun music you don't have to feel guilty about listening to.
A little Kirk Franklin -- This man makes me LAUGH.
Travis Cottrell -- I got to know him years ago at a Nashville music camp when I was fresh out of high school. Now he's a worship leader for Beth Moore. Sweet gig.
Etta James -- The queen of cool. Anyone ever heard her old song, "Sugar on the Floor?" Amazing. She's got this low, soulful voice that put "At Last" on the map, but I like the more obscure songs.
Martina McBride -- Just love to hear "Happy Girl" every now and then
Beyonce -- Okay, a little embarrassed here, but the girl can really make you dance...
Joaquin Phoenix -- remember "Walk the Line?" I think I like hearing him sing better than Cash himself, no offense Cash-lovers
Hyper Static Union -- fun new Christian rock band discovered by Third Day. They sound like Maroon 5 and the lead singer has a great voice.
Barbra Striesand -- okay, so her politics are a bit sketchy, but I still love to hear her belt one out. I'm a fan of "Piece of Sky" and "I'm the Greatest Star" ...reminds me of high school days, channeling my inner diva! HA!
Now I just have to download some Yolanda Adams!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I have a little mp3 player, and I enjoy it though I would love to upgrade someday :)

Susan said...

That is so funny about Joequin Phoenix..my husband Jeff is OBSESSED with Walk the Line. We have it tivoed and I think he watches it at least once a week and prefers him over Cash as well! I also think Reese Witherspoon sounds better than June Carter!

Sue Simpson

Anonymous said...

Hey Myrna Jean! I'm hanging out here in Columbus with Mark Wilson ... just wanted to say hey! Planning to make that trip down to the cities soon? Would LOVE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!