Friday, May 04, 2007

phil goes home

I wasn't a big Phil Stacey fan, but I had a hard time seeing him go home this week on American Idol. I think it was the fact that he was such a cool family guy and only wanted to do what was right by his family. I just got all choked up watching him say goodbye to the other contestants. Did you see Melinda and KiKi cryin' a river up there?

I love how this group seems to be really tight. No egos, no isolated divas or showboats. Just people who love what they are doing and care for one another. Take that, critics.

4 comments:

fetzer said...

I liked him as well. He has a much better voice then Blake. The show is rigged anyways and they want a woman to win this year.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

I must admit ol' Phil was my favorite. There were moments of greatness in his voice and I think his stage presence improved by light years over the last few weeks. Not that I thought he'd actually win......... Not sure who I want to win now... I like 'em all!!!

Jen said...

He had not been my favorite either, but he was certainly growing on me. I didn't really want to see him go, but there wasn;t really an alternative.

Anonymous said...

How could I resist commenting?

I agree, it was sad to see Phil go, but we all knew it was inevitable. Great guy - and hopefully we'll see him in CCM magazine sometime soon.

Anyhow, all I care about now is that the final comes down to Melinda and Jordin. Or Lakisha and Melinda. Or Jordin and Lakisha. Or Blake and ... well, no, not Blake. Great guy, but it's all about the African-American woman THIS year!!!