Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Eat, Sleep, and Scrap

I first met Beth 15 years ago. We were in the same small group at Student Orientation at Indiana Wesleyan University. What seemed like a chance meeting and fast friendship was actually the start of something much more important.
Our lives took rather parallel journeys after college: Getting married, working full-time, then each having 3 boys, almost exactly the same ages. The last time we saw each other face to face was in Kalamazoo, Michigan, about 2 & 1/2 years ago.
But we recently spent the weekend together, scrapbooking mainly, but talking A LOT and catching up with one another.

A room full of scrappers

Beth working hard -- notice the varieties of M&Ms on the table, a little Coke Zero


Trying to get together across the miles and without kiddos in tow is definitely a challenge, but SO worth it! Friendships have to be nurtured and taken care of to thrive, so I'm grateful we had this opportunity. (Thank you Jon and Aaron!!!!!!) I love ya, Beth. You are the real deal, my friend. Thanks for loving me over the years and putting up with my junk!

2 comments:

Beth Wilmot said...

Right back at ya, my friend! It was a perfect weekend!

Anonymous said...

There's certainly nothing like those friendships from college ... we've found them to be some of the closest in our lives as well. Sounds like a fun weekend!