Friday, June 15, 2012



Well, I stink at this challenge today. 

One of the fun sides to this 15-day challenge has been reading the links each day and scoping out other blogs to see what folks are doing.  Now I need to contact some of my favorites and try to make a connection. 

Speaking of favorites, I'm working hard on getting through a big fat piece of literature this summer by one of my favorite Ameican authors - East of Eden by John Steinbeck.


Wow.  This really is the Great American Novel - all 600 pages of it.

I am just a little over half-way done and I'm wishing I had kept track of my favorite quotes.

It's what Steinbeck called "the first book," and it is in some ways a retelling of biblical account of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel. 

What classic is your favorite?



No comments: