Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She Taught Me This

On Sunday morning, my Grandma went home to her Savior and home.  I have been comforted by the thought of what she's experiencing right now...seeing her beloved Lord, her siblings and parents, her daughter who died unexpectedly at the age of 18...

You can read more about her life here:

Dignity Memorial - Marjorie Stuart Obituary: View Obituary for Marjorie Stuart by Zechar Bailey Funeral Home, Greenville, OH

She taught me to be kind to everyone - the postman, the clerk at the grocery store, the stranger at the park.

She taught me to be modest and honor God with the way I dressed and presented myself.

She taught me that hospitality and making good food for people is a precious ministry we often take for granted.  Open your home, open your heart.

She taught me by example to honor and serve my husband.  Her God came first, and then she served my Grandpa, right up until she was physically incapable to continue.  She didn't complain; she didn't speak unkindly of him; she loved him and she respected him day after day. 

I am hard pressed to find many women like this anymore.

No comments: