Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Safe at Last

That's what I think of now when I think of my father-in-law.  He's truly safe forever.  Nothing can touch him - disease, sorrow, anger, and most importantly, the attacks from the enemy.  What a wonderful place to be.

I'm waaay down south right now, the Gulf of Mexico to be exact.  Very near to the place where he died just a few months ago.  I'm here with Aaron, the kids, and my dear mother-in-law.  There are times when I swear, I turn around, and almost see him walking down the beach to me with that familiar gait and tilt of his head.  He'd be smiling with "that look" that meant he had something to tell me that would make me throw my head back in laughter.

It's awful to be without you, Poppy, but so incredible to know you are safe and you are waiting for the rest of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are for the years you had him in your life.
Mom