Thursday, July 09, 2009

Just how many people can this dock hold?

At least that's what we always wonder as we sit on C & S's dock on the Fourth of July. I have a lot more pictures, but I'm too lazy to go get the camera. Thanks to S. for this one!


Summer is going pretty well so far. I've only lost my mind a couple of times, so that's encouraging. D. asked me a question the other day in that WHINEY voice that makes me insane and all I could do was let out this GRAAAHHH that sounded more animal than human.

That only resulted in more WHINEY voice telling me how scary I sounded.

We've had our usual Target and Cub Foods disasters which are a requirement of summer with all 4 of them. I always vow at the end of June: "I will only grocery shop at night without children!" or while they are all in the van with A. - whatever works....

One benefit this summer has been watching Baby Girl enjoy playing with her boys. She loves to "wrestle" with them and basically do whatever they are doing. G. can lift her up into her toddler swing outside and keep her entertained while I get dinner going - that's a blessing!

And, really, that's what it comes down to. I'm crazy about these four. Unique and individual as snowflakes, they astound me daily. And I know, I KNOW someday I'll miss this. (Or that's what I keep telling myself when boys are fighting and a toddler is permanently attached to my leg...)

1 comment:

angie leverence said...

Love the pic Jeannie!