Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's Wrong with a Nice Girl?

Is it just me, or do you feel like nice folks get a bad rap?

Seems like everywhere I turn lately, nice girls/pleasant girls are getting laughed at in the media, or at least not taken very seriously.

I saw a funny movie tonight where the girl felt like she'd been "too nice" her whole life. Which, in one way, I understand. You do have to stand up for yourself. But doggone it, we could sure use a lot more nice around here.

My friend Beth and I had a quote in college: "I don't want to be perfect, just pleasant." I think we were saying we knew we couldn't be Pollyanna all of the time, but we at least wanted to be pleasant to be around. (Correct me if I'm wrong, BW)

Since when did you have to be mean and aggressive to be respected? That's the world we live in. That's okay. Not my home anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those cookies look amazing.