Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is for you, Ashley



HAPPY BLOG BLESSING DAY!!!!

That's right, this is a blog blessing, and even if it doesn't exist, you're getting one.
Erin came up with this awesome idea to make January 15 a day to shower you with blogs blessing you and your sweet baby, coming soon.

Patrick and Ashley are definitely part of the reason God wanted us to be in Texas for a season of our lives. They were a surprise -- coming out of nowhere -- to become part of what we called our "Texas family."

Ashley approached me one day after a bible study and asked if we could get together sometime. She wanted to meet with someone who was a little older, been married longer, etc. (Translation: Just how old do you think I am?!?!?)

I was a little hesitant at first, wondering if we'd have much in common, wondering if I was "mentor" material...but, it only took a short phone call to realize this was someone I wanted to get to know better, to share life with.

And then we got our husbands together. All it took was one mention of Wyoming and they were instant comrades. Ashley and I were giddy school girls, watching them become such great friends.

I was pregnant with Jonathan at the time, and Ashley was my #1 go-to-help for Dr. visits as she watched the older boys at the Mall indoor playland next to my doctor's visit. We went to Chick-fil-a AT LEAST once a week (insert tears of withdrawal here) and she put up with all my kids' antics and behaviors.

And now, she's only weeks away from having her first little bambino after years of trying and wondering if this was even in God's plan.

I can't wait to meet little Benjamin and praise God for the path He's had them on. It will be challenging, exhausting, full of joy, and miraculous to mother a child. Ashley, I pray God enlarges your heart and that you are filled to overflowing! I love you so much and wish you all the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this was a nice idea.


i really think i need some of those cookies.