Monday, January 14, 2008

My 2007 Reading List

If you know me even a little bit, you know I'm a BOOK HOUND. I could live in Barnes and Noble, and have considered entering a 12-step program for Amazon.com addicts. But really, is there a better addiction? So here's what I read last year incase you are just on the edge of your seat, dying to know.

Non-Fiction

The Way of the Wild Heart by John Eldredge
The North Face of God by Ken Gire
The Most Important Place on Earth by Robert Wolgemuth
The Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
To Be Told by Dan Allendar
Five-Star Family by Carol Kuykendall
Sex God by Rob Bell
Dwelling by Mary Beth Lagerborg
Writing Motherhood
Live What You Love by Bob and Melinda Blanchard
Becoming a Chief Home Officer by Allie Plieter

Fiction ("c" means Christian Fiction author)

We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
Kite Runner by (I won't even try to remember how spell his name...)
Clay's Quilt by Silas House
Levi's Will and Bad Ground both by W. Dale Cramer - c
How to be Lost by Amanda Eyre Ward
House by Frank Peretti and Tedd Dekker - c
Seaside by Terri Blackstock - c
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
A Parchment of Leaves by Silas House
Songs Without Words by Ann Packer

Young Adult Fiction

Sold by Patricia McCormick
Eggs by Jerry Spinelli
Heartbeat by Sharon Creech

Poetry

Why I Wake Early by Mary Oliver

Scrapbooking

The Big Picture by Stacey Julian
Real Life Scrapbooking by Rebecca Cooper
Life Artist by Ali Edwards

Memoirs/Real-Life Stuff

Waiting for Birdy by Catherine Newman
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel

I wish I had time to just tell you a little bit about all of these books, but let's just say if you want to know more about any of them, just let me know!

I'm sure the list will be much shorter this year as I get ready for baby#4, but you can bet I'll have a stash ready when naptime comes.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, I didn't see "Don't Bet Against Me" by Deanna Favre on your list...just curious.

Ashley M said...

Okay, did you like the Haven Kimmel book? Also, how was Kite Runner? I've heard amazing things about it.

i miss you, truly, madly, deeply...cheesey :)

Erin said...

:)

Anonymous said...

How the heck do you remember all those? Yeah, Rachel, that one is coming, but I am not done yet, I am savoring it! LOVE IT!

Jeannie said...

hey ladies,
i keep a little book where i record everything i read. i know, i'm goofy. it helps me remember and then go back if someone asks for a recommendation!

the Haven Kimmel book was funny in some parts, just how all small towns are sorta the same, but it wasn't a big favorite of the year.

kite runner does live up to the hype, but it's pretty intense in places.

Erin said...

I'm curious about Catherine Newman's book. I read her Wondertime Blog and she cracks me up! Never mind how perfectly she captures the bittersweetness of watching our little babies grow up and on. But sometimes she's a little admittingly neurotic/over-anxious and self-absorbed. So how was the book?

Unknown said...

i'm not a kite runner fan.
not that anyone asked me, but i feel obliged to inform people that a minority opinion does exist.

Jeannie said...

mordy, we here at "intermission" respect your opinion :)

erin, catherine newman's book is pretty much all you just said - she's a little over-the-top, but the book is so hilarious, that it makes up for all that other stuff.