Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer Sanity

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with summer.

I love the wide, open spaces of summer days, the spontaneity of packing everyone in the van and heading to a park. But there are also the loooong days where you just don't know what to do next, or you've done everything already...and the clock moves something like this:

tick



tock



tick



tock


To take advantage of the cool temps we've been having, tonight we took the boys and one of Gregory's friends to a local fun place with kid-sized go-karts, bumper boats, and mini-golf. If you've never tried to get four small boys through a mini-golf course, you've not lived, my friend. My blogging friend, Heidi, would say it was quite similar to herding cats. An audio recording of me and my husband's directions to these boys would be quite hilarious...just glad we all survived.

2 comments:

Beth Wilmot said...

I have hearded three cats, um, boys through a mini-golf course, under threat of thunder and lightning. Let's just say there weren't many rules for that game. :]

Anonymous said...

I long for the tick tock days of summer. My summer has been going like this...pack, unpack, laundry, repeat. This is the first week our whole family has been home together. Next week Allison is off to camp again. Enjoy those days while you can :)

Kim Seeley