Monday, November 22, 2010

Taking Dad and Mom to School

 Today my parents came to my classroom for a visit!  I loved having them share a normal day with me, and showing them around the school.  Here, my Mom gets excited over the "Welcome the Longfellows" message on my board. 
 Me with the senior class (minus Kaela - she was in a deer stand in the woods :)  I am making some sort of point, here, or doing sign language....who knows....Due to a fabulous anonymous donation last year to the high school, each high school student received a netbook computer for use in school.  They take them to class just like a textbook.  It's a sweet deal.  I'm still waiting for a fabulous donation so I can have a Smart Board.  You can make the check out to me....
 Eighth grade!  Since the high school is pretty small, I also teach 8th grade English.  They are a fun rambunctious group of kiddos who keep me on my toes.  Notice my Dad in the back, probably texting my brother Doug....
Here I am at my desk, doing something teacher-y.  Or shopping online.  Or updating my blog. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Coool classroom sista!

Erin said...

It makes me really happy that you were sitting down in a chair talking with/teaching the students. That brings back SO many memories. xoxo

Beth Wilmot said...

LOVE this! And you look so great!