Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taking My Own Advice

A few days ago, I wasn't sure what working part-time would look like.  I wondered what would happen to all of us as a family, and if it would take every shred of sanity I had left. And Monday night of this week, I found myself waving the white flag. But here I am, almost finished with my second week of school.  Let's review.

1) The family is doing okay.  Hope struggled the first week a little bit, which was to be expected.  But I'm still so thankful that we have a wonderful daycare right at the school where she can play while I work. Jonathan also plays there on Tues/Thurs mornings, his "off" preschool days.  Sometimes the hardest part of my day is just dropping her off and picking her up.  She's two.  'Nuff said.

2) I get home around 12:30, so I still feel like I have a chance to figure out dinner, do some laundry, and general "house stuff."   Without my afternoon time, I think I'd definitely be headed for the funny farm.

3)  How good it was of God to help me fall in love and marry a man who would not only be a faithful husband and father, but a man who is willing to tell me hard things when I need to hear them.  On Monday night of this week, I was done.  Done.  I felt buried and frustrated and stupid for thinking I could do this.  Let's just say, he gave me some words of timely wisdom. :)

4)  I helped lead a women's ministry event last Sunday night, and I shared how God has been teaching me to be still.  Not just quiet, but still as in, STOP STRUGGLING.  Stop trying to control your life, and let Me work.  I realized after that "Monday Night Meltdown" that I needed to take my own advice.  Let Him be my strength, recognize this will be hard, and move forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We knew this would be hard...we knew it would be a testing, learning time but we also knew you serve a God that can meet your every need. God is faithful.
Praying harder for you than I ever have, I believe.
Mom