Tuesday, June 08, 2010

When You Dream....

I grabbed this book at the library recently, just because I thought Aaron would get a kick out of the pictures and some of the stories from a classic time in NBA history. I kept thinking of my own kids and wondering if they would one day dream of being in the NBA or another type of high-profile profession. My personal hope is that they will dream of a life that matters for eternity, not just the here and now. As I read through parts of the book , I couldn't help thinking "Yeah, this is great for basketball, I suppose, but what about something that really lasts?"

So when they dream, I pray they dream big. Really Big. Here's a quote from Brennan Manning that captures it -

May all your expectations be frustrated,
May all of your plans be thwarted,
May all of your desires be withered into nothingness,
That you may experience the powerlessness and poverty of a child
And can sing and dance in the love of God,
Who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit




No comments: