Monday, January 25, 2010

Nice, Mrs. Affleck!






Jennifer Garner: probably my favorite actress. She'll always be Sydney Bristow to me - the sweet, friendly girl next door by day, but international super-spy by night. The TV show "Alias" was my escape during the days when Greg and Daniel were tiny.


I also love the fact that her yearbook photo looks like this:


But most of all, I love what she says about moms:

"I will tell you what I can't abide -- and I think the Internet has really created a space for it -- women criticizing other women and mothers criticizing other mothers. It just makes me crazy, whether it's staying at home, going to work, how long you breast-feed, if you use formula. I feel like we should just assume everyone is doing the best they can.

Women should take care of each other, not tear each other down. I would just really like to see a mother who really believes that she has done it all so right, you know what I mean?"(from Parade, Jan 24)

You tell 'em, Jennifer!!











4 comments:

Ashley M said...

aaaaaamen to momma's supporting momma's!

Erin said...

i read this same article online a couple days ago and it reaffirmed my love for her. in her line of work, its refreshing to hear real dialogue about real things that matter....

i particularly liked that quote as well. she said it perfectly.


aaaand.....yes, always butt-kicking sydney bristow in my book. Now i want to dust off Season 1 and get back into an Alias marathon (only one of the best shows everrrrr)

Holly said...

Nothing lights my fire more than people telling me how to mother...or, mothering my children when I am 3 ft. away. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Can't we all just love eachother???

moms2favs said...

What a great quote. Sometimes it's hard to see movie stars as actually people, but when you read things like that it's so easy to relate to them.

Where have I been? I didn't know she was married to my Ben Affleck.