Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hearts At Home

I just got back from an amazing conference in Rochester. I went to one in Michigan when Greg was just an infant and I was brand-spankin'-new to being a Mommy. It was just as inspiring and fun as it was back then.

Dr. Kevin Leman, one of my favorite authors, was the keynote speaker and had me rolling. He is one of the funniest men alive.

And why haven't I gotten on board with the music of Go Fish?? I'd heard of them, heard a couple of songs, but never encountered them the way I did at the conference. They were AMAZING and fun, and now my kids are addicted to the CD I brought home. Jonathan carries the CD case into every place we go. He even said to the guys at Walt's Oil Change: "Ya know 'dese guys? Dey are the best singer guys!!! Dey are cool singers!!"

If you have kids ages 4 and up, you MUST have this music. It's a blast. (Dad's favorite: "It's Hard to Be Cool in a Minivan")

Also loved the company of one Miss Alison W. -- a friend from MOPS and church who I never really knew till this weekend. Six hours in a vehicle will give you great insight on a person, and I'm thankful for that!

I came away inspired, grateful for my kids, my time at home with them while they are small, and challenged to be the best mom I can for them.

No comments: