Tuesday, April 21, 2009

M&Ms...and church

I've been slowly finishing off a bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms from Easter, and I just had to mention that they really are an amazing creation. I only eat about 2 a day, but it's just nice to know it's there, ya know?

Did you ever sneak candy into church? I can remember having some stash in my purse as a kid and feeling soooo bad. I can't remember why I thought that was such a sin, but I guess because it was decadent and felt "wrong" in some way...

I could write my memoir about churches I've visited, grown up in, attended, etc. It would be filled with great stories like the times I ran around church as a little girl during my parents' choir practice and got my punishment from my father rather quickly.

That was also the church where I first fell in love with my Savior; where he first captured me.

Or the church in Michigan where Aaron and I made some friends for life and learned what it meant to be a family.

I could write about Crossbridge in Houston because that was simply a miracle in itself -- finding it, finding friends. That experience alone could convince an atheist that God exists.

And then there's Minnesota. An entirely different experience. Over time, we've come to see how God has used this church to shape and change us. It's been hard and glorious and frustrating and wonderful, all at the same time.

And that's exactly what it means to be on this journey -- loving Him, loving the body.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'd read that memoir...

angie leverence said...

I would too! Wouldn't it be great to write a book Jeannie? Seriously...it's a dream of mine, and someday by George I'm gonna do it.

Back to the memory thing...I used to (with my little friends) roll UNDER the church pews as a child. There was a large enough space between the support and the end of the pew that allowed us to do it. Can't imagine all the germs we picked up on our way from back to front or front to back, but it was sure fun!!