Monday, November 24, 2008

Me and Sara Groves


Sara Groves -- we go way back. All the way to Michigan.


I remember the first time I heard her album, Conversations, and fell for her haunting voice and powerful lyrics. There are a few dark moments I remember having with just God and Sara Groves in the background.


In Texas, I remember getting her Station Wagon album, which was written for and about her two sons and thinking, I love this girl.


I've come back to Sara, now, after a little hiatus. And, wow, she's been up to a lot. Her recent trip to Rwanda inspired her latest album, Tell Me What You Know.


PLEASE, when you have 5 minutes, go watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdP6PqsbJY from her trip. It's on my ipod, and I cannot keep myself from crying everytime I watch it. May it challenge you to pray and search your heart, as it did me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

....

Jeannie said...

her website has cool stuff on it - saragroves.com