Saturday, January 19, 2008

Would You Just Come Home Already??


My parents have been on a cruise this past week and I'm just sick of it.
Well, that's exaggerating. A little.

I'm jealous, first of all, but then once I get over that, I simply miss knowing I can get ahold of them at a moment's notice.

I've mentioned this before, but my Mom and I are pretty good at talking about nothing. We share the minute details of our days that no one else really cares about. And when Aaron came down with strep throat, then Gregory got a double ear infection this week, I really wanted to tell my MAMA!

Apparently, cell phone service in the great Blue Lagoon is ridiculously expensive, so it's been a week of silence and brief emails, since they charge you for that on the boat, apparently.

But I really wanted them to get away, too - be free of the cell phone, the TV, whatever noise they needed to get away from. Next time, I just think they need to take their kids and their spouses. That way everybody's happy :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

How fun to get away! I'm sure I would miss my mommy too though. My mom and I are pretty close too!

Carrie said...

I remember how annoying that is that you can't reach someone, or talk to your mom or just send a quick email! When Jess and I went on one a few years ago, it drove us CRAZY! A week sure does seem long when you are so used to talking to someone practically everyday!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on that sista!