Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Holy Posts, Batman

Well, that post certainly brought the comments outta folks!

Okay, here's "the rest of the story" -

I found out I was pregnant back at the beginning of August when I was tested for a UTI. The doctor's name who told me I had a bun in the oven was Dr. Merickel. No joke - like, pronounced Miracle.

I sat in the room with my hand over my mouth, just laughing. "You've got to be kidding," and he said, "I don't kid about these kinds of things." Many deep breaths after that information was given to me.

Aaron and I have always somehow thought 4 was our number, but man, I just wasn't prepared for the reality of it yet. Still have trouble wrapping my brain around this.

Okay, so then five days later, I'm in the OB/GYN and I'm telling her this antibiotic just isn't working...still some weird dull ache going on. She tries to get a heartbeat for the baby and nothing. She gets a little concerned about pregnancy + pain and sends me down for an ultrasound.

At this point, I'm pretty nervous because I think I may have an eptopic (tubal) pregnancy...just don't know. The ultrasound was torture because it hurt so much for her to push around on my middle, but finally after what seemed like FOREVER, she saw the baby in my uterus. I kept saying, "It's not in my tube???" She said, "No, but I see why you are in pain and your doctor will explain."

Oh thanks, just keep me waiting and suffering. And that's when I found out about the appendix. Since the surgery, I've had another ultrasound to check on baby and heartbeat is strong, so I'm praisin' the Lord for that.

May there be no more drama. Please.

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a way to find out! Hopefully you got all the bumps from this pregnancy out at the beginning. Congrats again and keep us updated :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well!!

We're so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Jeannie,
Glad to hear things are still going strong. I pray that you have a healthy little girl, but I want to share what we were told when expecting our 4th after having 3 boys. If you don't get a girl in the first 4 children, history shows that you won't get one until 7 or 9. Well, Steve and I contemplated a 5th as I really wanted to have the chance to raise a girl. But, when Chandler was 1.5 yrs, we were in Subway with all 4 boys and a lady behind me asked if they were all ours. I answered "yes" and she said she had 6 brothers. I asked where she fell in the lineup, and she was number 7. Now, this was after we had probably ran into another dozen families with 5+ boys and the girl was not to be found. Anyway, she was wearing all leather and a biker. I told Steve, I really want a daughter and I'd wait for #7, but I want a frilly, little girl who I can shop with and have daughter lunches. Anyway, that's when I decided, I was content with 4 boys and I just wasn't meant to have a girl. Besides that, we weren't preventing another one from occurring, but we weren't trying either, so we figured maybe we should call it quits - FOR US. But, that doesn't have to be that way for you. Go for it you two!! I wish you the healthiest little one - And, I'd love to see you have a little girl and throw a twitch in history.