Monday, September 17, 2007

Famous Dave's BBQ

Granted, it will never surpass Red Lobster in my list of favorite restaurants, but Famous Dave's is just one groovy place to go. This past weekend, Aaron took me to Brainerd, MN for my birthday for an overnight get-away (HEAVEN).

Famous Dave's was right across the street, but we thought, naw, we can find something different, a place we'd never been before. We were sadly mistaken. After driving around for an hour and a half, Famous Dave's was lookin' reeeaal good. The place doesn't scream romance, but it's the kind of place you can relax and be silly for a bit. The servers' t-shirts say things like, "Make sure the fingers you're lickin' are your own."

And I love the Blues they pipe through the speakers. You feel like you just hit a big southern family reunion, so pass the cornbread and butter. Also enjoyed their sweet tea. Southern food, man, does it get any better?

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

I think I should add - that is a picture from Famous Dave's website, NOT my meal from the evening. Just wanted to make that clear...

Holly said...

I love how you guys keep the romance alive!!!

DAKOTARANGER said...

That rack of ribs is making me hungry