Monday, April 09, 2007

Season of Promise

The Promise is done. Seven performances, 200 people from church in the cast and crew, and over 4,000 people in attendance. I have to admit, I was hesitant about the "big production" thing, but what an amazing experience. God moved in amazing ways in my heart, in Aaron's heart. Aaron said last night, "I was doing what I should always be doing: shining the spotlight on Jesus." Amen, baby.
Speakin' of babies, here is baby Jesus before he stripped down to a diaper for the performance. Ain't he a honey??


Promise pals: Jolene, Cindy, and Karrie

Karen and I in stage make-up, ready to go...and I'm still pale.


I love this time of year. Even if we still have 20 and 30 degree weather, you can feel a change. The sun sets later, giving us spectacular views around the kids' bedtimes, and there's a sense of being able to breathe again. We celebrated Easter with all the Reids meeting at Chris and Syna's house. Even Nick and Beth came over from D.C. for a bit since Nick was in Wisconsin for work. It was such a blessing to look out Sunday and see so many family -- we are blessed!


Will I ever get a decent picture of my children in their Easter best???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannie, I would have loved to see your church production! (I'm jealous!!!) You should have heard your brother sing...his voice and stage presence has just blossomed. Anyway, glad you had a great Easter, we got to spend the day with your family! Good times!!! Take care and God bless, Lori

Holly said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Aaron!! Miss you guys and your boys :)

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have made it up there to see the production Jeannie ... after all, we're fellow "free churchers" now! ;-)

Anywho - I gave in and wrote a whole post about my take on Idol. Haven't seen the results yet ... we'll see how accurate my predictions are.

Jeannie said...

oh, to hear my brother sing more often. he has a lot of singin' to make up for in Heaven for me someday. He's my American Idol. HA!