Thursday, December 29, 2005

Are You a Good Guy or a Bad Guy?

Greg and Daniel like to ask me this at random throughout the day - usually with their cowboy hats on, their toy pistols pointing at my nose. They eagerly look out for "bad guys" and take justice into their own hands.

My guys seem very concerned with heroes and villians right now, making sure they save the day. I hope they continue to be spiritual heroes as they grow into young men.

Aaron and I recently came up with 5 things we want our children to be certain of when they leave our home, and one of those was, "We want them to realize there is an Enemy." They will fight a daily battle, a spiritual battle, and we want to do everything we can to prepare them for that.

Excuse me , I have to go be Princess Leia to my little Luke Skywalkers...

2 comments:

Josh H said...

Dear Leia,

It does my heart good to hear that you are bringing up your boys to be little Skywalkers. Tell Han that I am really sorry about the Packers this year... the Force was not kind to them. The enemy you speak is more machine now than man... twisted and evil. They call him Darth Vader.

Lots of love from my family to yours!

-The Nerd

DAKOTARANGER said...

My heroes have always worn the white hat.