Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Reid Report - November

Hey, ya'll. Sorry to get behind on the family updates. Here's the scoop -

Aaron is currently recovering from orthoscopic (sp?) knee surgery. I think it started with an injury playing college basketball years ago, and just got worse over time. Turns out he had a ripped meniscus (sp?) - that fleshy part behind the knee cap? Plus, his knee cap had moved out of place a bit, so it was grinding into other joints. He's had some rough days of pain, but getting better all the time. He thinks it's kind of cool that he's on the pain medication, Vicadin, which is the same drug Brett Favre became addicted to a few years back. (He's clean now, people, come on!) We're cheeseheads, I know.

Jonathan continues to grow into a beefy 4 month old boy. He loves his brothers and friendly faces. I wish he'd sleep a little better at night, but maybe once he gets better at eating cereal and solids, we'll be good to go. I'm still nursing, but he also gets about 2 bottles a day, just to keep him hip to the idea.

Daniel is off the charts! At 2 1/2 years old, he is 40 lbs, wears a solid 4T in shirts and pants and has a size 12 shoe!! And then there's his voice....it's about as low as a grown man's! He likes to try to make it even lower to sound like a big guy. It's hilarious! He still loves cuddling and rocking in the rocking chair, but he's so big, it feels like I'm rocking a small crocodile. But I love to cuddle him as much as he'll let me. You're only 2 once! (Thank the Lord...)

Gregory continues to be the classic first born. Independent, bossy, verbal, and too smart for his own good. He really likes trying to tell knock-knock jokes that of course make no sense whatsoever. Preschool has been great for him; he loves his class and teacher. He is exactly 4 1/2, but would like to be much older. He got angry with my carpool friend when she wouldn't drop him off after preschool at the corner of our street and let him walk to the house. (He has seen the kids do this when they get off the bus.) I tried to explain how that was only for big kids and he cried, "I want to be 12!!" Uhh, no. I need to pray a lot more before you hit your pre-teens, son.

Jeannie is hanging in there. Lord, I'm tired. I missed having my sweet husband's help during his recovery time. But I kept reminding myself that this would be a good week - Thanksgiving and all. I love holidays. I love getting Daddy during the week!! Our friends, Patrick and Ashley McBride will be coming over and Ashley and I will split the cooking for the meal.

Since August, I've been a Creative Memories Consultant and have been enjoying that so much. It's a company that sells albums, papers, and other supplies for scrapbooking. I have had crops at my house and baby showers where we put together baby albums for the moms -- it's been fun to help people preserve their memories and stories, plus I get my own scrapbooking fix!

In December, we will be traveling to Ohio for the big wedding! My brother Doug gets hitched on Dec. 17th - I'm a bridesmaid/singing, Aaron is best man, Greggie is ring bearer, Daniel is bible bearer...good times!

Are these bold words bothering you? I had to do it in honor of my friend Ashley who believes they keep the reader interested - hope it worked!

We are so thankful for all of you - we love you and miss you. Now go eat some turkey!

Love, Aaron, Jeannie, Gregory, Daniel, Jonathan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i find the bold words distracting. it's the visual equivalent of talking to someone who periodically yells a word or two.
that would be an interesting character quirk in a movie. have you seen 'lost in yonkers,' the aunt who continues talking while she's inhaling?

Anonymous said...

J
I enjoyed the bold words. As i should. I invented the idea :)

A

Angele Myska said...

Not a fan of the bold letters myself but it's your blog--do it your way!

The nurse in me just has to correct your sp? since you admitted you weren't sure...it's 'arthroscopic,' arthro is the latin root meaning 'joint' so you can have arthroscopic surgery on your knee or other places, usually a shoulder. I'm an operating room nurse and I've seen many of those, they are quite interesting. I wonder if Aaron's surgeon took pictures or video? You could ask if you're curious to see them. It's not bloody, I promise. Just lots of water.

Hope Aaron doesn't follow in Favre's footsteps:) Good for him for taking the meds though--some guys are too tough to take pain meds and suffer needlessly to keep their egos intact.

Anonymous said...

hi auntjeannie! i love u!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey Jean!
I just love getting your little reports. Great way to keep in touch. Ezekiel's not far behind Daniel, he now officially weighs more than his big sister. Sure do miss you here and wondering if we'll ever see you again............! Was telling a friend today about our singing adventures, those were the days!
Love you bunches,
Holly